Star award-best use of 110k US miles in J

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by philatravelgirl, Jun 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the merger upcoming, I figured best to redeem my last Star award. I have 110k and am looking at one J seat in Oct/Nov/Dec timeframe for three weeks. My problem is that I'm not sure where to go and what best redemption would be to eek out this last Star redemption. I am PHL based. last year did safari in Botswana and South Africa (star award) and also Easter Island (OW award) so thinking Asia or parts of AUS I haven't been to yet (my dates would be tough MEL or SYD this late) - so figured I'd ask the group for help and a bit of inspiration - thanks everyone! Sue

2. ramolnar
    Original Member

ramolnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, you already took my first choice, South Africa. The best value on the chart is North Asia, 90K in business - and 120K in first if you could gather 10K more quickly.
    Also, you can route through Europe. From PHL ... hmm ... US Air Envoy suites (the A-330s are quite competitive) to somewhere in Europe, take the stopover, then Lufthansa or Air China or Asiana? If you're planning for October, I would look at Beijing or Seoul. If you want to go in December, I'd go to Hong Kong.

philatravelgirl likes this.
  3. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What star alliance carrier is 90k rt in business to North Asia from the US?

4. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    US

rolmai likes this.
  5. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about autumn leaf peeping in Hokkaido? Gorgeous, easily reached using ANA.

7. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will check that out - thanks!