Star Alliance terminal in CDG

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by kwai, Apr 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the *A lounges lounges, LH, UA and *A itself are in Terminal 1. *A operates our of terminal 1.

However UA is telling me that a connection LH -> TG has an MCT of 120 min because a terminal change is required.

Can someone please give me the MCT for CDG. As well do these airlines operate out of both terminal 2 AND terminal 1?

Specifically the itinerary I was looking at was xxx-MUC-CDG-BKK (in case for some odd reason the LH MUC-CDG flights go to a different terminal).

Kalboz and Chimpy like this.
  2. Philippe

Philippe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Look at this map of CDG from the *A website. Maybe it will help you

Link

3. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    The *A terminal has a number of fingers where the gates are. Coming in on LH you'll go to a Schengen gate and you'll need to go through passport control and security before connecting to your TG flight.

While not changing terminals, you are changing piers which can take a bit of time.

4. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is what I remember from my last time through. Thank you for the map.

I understand the need to change piers. As mentioned above I've done this before. My pique is with UA claiming I need to change 'terminals' (their term) and the MCT is 120min for this reason (which seems excessive to me, but might be appropriate).

Can someone please look up the MCT in CDG LH-> TG.

TIA.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

It'll be my first time in CDG in a few weeks. I'm departing on US Airways, and I'm *Gold. I see there is an LH, UA, SK, as well as a generic *A lounge. Am I able to physically access all of them (i.e. are they all behind the same security checkpoint, etc)?

If so, does anyone have any recommendations on which one is best?

Thanks!

6. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terminal 1 consists of a central terminal with several satellites, each with its own security. It is also divided into Schengen and non-Schengen halves. It resembles a giant Habitrail, with plexiglass tunnels and moving walkways everywhere.

The LH and SK lounges are in the Schengen part of the terminal in different satellites. The LH lounge is behind security, so you won't be able to get to it. I think the SK lounge is also.

The UA club and the *A lounge are in the non-Schengen part of the main terminal, after passport control but before security, and you should have access to both. The *A lounge is nice enough, with modern furniture and a decent selection of food and drink (nothing fancy, but IIRC there is a selection of cheese, olives, etc.). I haven't been in the UA club at CDG, but I have heard the *A lounge is nicer.

7. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good description of the *A lounge and imho, it is much nicer than the UA club but I'll add two more plusses for the *A lounge

Showers and if you are a smoker like I am, there is an outside patio where you can smoke;CDG is non-smoking both airside and landside)