star alliance redemptions

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by olmangsr, May 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple of month ago I applied for the US Airways MC with the 40k sign-up offert.Iniattly I wanted those miles for a future AA redemption but decided to take advantage of the 100% bonus on purchased miles to top up my account and try either OZ F to Tibet with a stop in ICN or SA to HDS with a side trip to CPT.
    Even that OZ suites looks amazing we decided to go with ZA since we have a couple of asia trips coming up anyways plus for 110k(an no fuel surcharges) its an unbeatable deal.
    Looked up my flights for next april,saved them and it was time to call US reservation.I'e to say I had a very pleasant agent but... she was saying that they can't book anything after January 1st what's not on US metal because they will no longer be *A.
    Plus she said to call back at the end of july/beginning of august because they'll probably have AA/BA inventory by then...
    What do you think?Is she right ?and most importantly:is this going to happen that fast?