Star Alliance Mileage accumulation on U.S. Airways

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by slalom, Mar 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a several flights on U.S. Airways this week. I just noticed two of them are U.S. Airways flight numbers on American ( and American Eagle).

I purposely booked U.S. Airways flights for this itinerary knowing that they remain in Star Alliance through to March 30.

Will these U.S. Airways flights still accumulate miles?

2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you booked through U.S. Airways, your points should be banked with U.S. Airways Dividend Miles. You can use Dividend Miles to book a Star Alliance partner flight until March 30 for any Star Alliance reward flights that are available. After March 30, you will not longer be able to use your Dividend Miles on Star Alliance partners. Furthermore, if you cancel that future Star Alliance award flight that you booked before March 30, you will not be able to re-book the flight on a Star Alliance partner from March 31 onward.

3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked on U.S. Airways with an Air Canada Aeroplan FF number. I'd rather not gather dividend miles (I have a dormant account).

If the flights won't credit to *A (where I'm gold), I'll put them on AA (where I'm a nobody!).