Star Alliance launches fare finder app

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by uggboy, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Star Alliance launches fare finder app:)

Star Alliance has launched an iPhone app allowing customers to search one-way or return fares for flights between any two airports on the Star Alliance network.

The FareFinder app also allows the user to add search additional search criteria including number of passengers, arrival or departure times, class of service, number of stops, transfer airports and point of sale.
    The app will then display available fares across member airlines, with links to the relevant websites and call centres so that the purchase can be made.

The free app is currently only available in English for the iPhone, but Star Alliance says it versions running on other operating systems are due to be released “in the foreseeable future”.

The release of the FareFinder app follows the recent launch of the Star Alliance Navigator iPhone app, allowing users to track and search for flights, access airport information and view member airline destinations.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/star-alliance-launches-fare-finder-app

2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm playing around with the app now. You can't book flights from it, but you can search a wide range of dates and locations. The user interface makes it pretty easy to move through various dates and flight options, and the flight details page is very informative- it breaks down the fare into fare codes, taxes, etc. I think the app could be useful for folks wanting to do some trip research.

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the infos, an rather interesting prospect to find the best fares and routing too within Star Alliance!:)

goalie and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed on all points :)

5. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    It can't work very well. I recently booked an IAD-NRT,KIX-HKG-ORD flight was showed up with $400 difference in prices for the exact same ANA and United flights

6. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, interesting. I looked at a couple of fares and then checked them again a few minutes later on Kayak and they were the same.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this an I-phone only thing?

8. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like it, no Android things available, or BB I think... :(