Star Alliance awards with US Air

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by leopolean, Jul 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I am having a tough time finding flight availability for Start Alliance with US Air miles. Any advice? I have seen many older threads, but they seem to be dead ends.

I joined ANA but have no miles there, is there a free way to get miles?

Thanks

savydog likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you need to call... Can't search/book on US website.

3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't need to have miles there to look for *Alliance award availability. You do need to have some miles on one or another *Alliance carrier, on which you will fly. You should be able to find instructions as to how to use the ANA tool for searching award availability, though you do not have of their miles.

4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

I was about to write out a step-by-step on how to search with ANA, but I realized Google might help me out with this. Lo and behold... thepointsguy.com wrote up a great summary of how to use the ANA Booking Tool with pictures and all. Here is the link: http://thepointsguy.com/2011/06/how...l-to-search-star-alliance-award-availability/.

Happy Travels!

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. LAX - you rock. I searched for over an our yesterday and did not run across these instructions. The pictures are the key, the descriptions I found just were not clear enough for me to figure out the process. Now I am looking at flights!

LAXtraveler and hulagrrl210 like this.
  6. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seeing this thread makes me regret not getting on the 100K miles for $1.4K.... *sigh*

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  8. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad I could help out. Hopefully you'll find something useful. Don't forget to follow up with success stories... and trip reports ;)

9. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am pleased to report that we did each buy the 100,000. Felt kinda silly doing it, but just booked SBP-SFO-PEK(destination for 33 days)-KIX(stopover for a week)-SFO-SBP in F for 120,000 each. DH will have his first ride in First. My Dad was a TWA Flight Engineer (3rd guy in the cockpit) when I was growing up in the 60s, so I have had a few First Cabin rides, but not in a loooong time.

chrislacey, Jimgotkp and gleff like this.
  10. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks great! Have much fun!