Staps/loops for bag tags

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Jett Rink, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    img009.jpg img008.jpg

:oops: with the misspelling in the thread title. :eek:

I'm trying to decide which sort of strap/loop to hold my DYKWIA bag tags. The ones on the right seem to be out of favor. The left one of those two has a faux reptile-ish flavor.

I have a ton of the clear plastic, but I'm leaning toward, what I think to be, a retro/old school look with the buckles.

And another thing. Would it be okay if I used the buckles for checked baggage, and go with the clear/black loops for carryons, (or vice versa) or should I stick with one theme?

I'm leaning more for style, rather than a utilitarian function.

In short, I'm in a quandary.

Thoughts?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not qualified to comment on style (my style is pretty non-existent!) but IMO you don't need to worry about the metal on the buckles because they'll go through the scanners either way.

Jett Rink likes this.
  3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have some stuff attached with "stylish" tags but I also have clear zip ties looped through there. The zip ties IME are alot more effective/sturdy than the random form over function straps.

Jett Rink likes this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    The one wth the buckle is better for style and also lasts longer. I have one on my carry on and never have any problems going through security checks.

Jett Rink likes this.