Standby Flight credited as an award flight?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by 2wheels, Nov 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    In August, I took a trip COS-DEN-SMF. The COS-DEN was delayed for some reason, so the GA called me and asked if I could standby on an earlier flight. Awesome customer service. I made my connection in DEN, and was on my regularly scheduled DEN-SMF flight.

The DEN-SMF flight posted, but the COS-DEN leg did not. When I tried to enter it on UA.com, it told me I didn't fly that leg, so I put the BP on the desk to deal with later.

Now that I'm going to be about 300 miles short of a few CR1s at the end of the year, I called to have the EQMs applied to my account, and the MP agent told me that it was an award ticket for COS-DEN-MYR, not a paid flight and I couldn't get credit for it! So, I followed the rules and called back and spoke with another 2 agents, both of which told me the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas how I might convince them that this was a paid flight? I still have the receipt from the corporate travel agent showing a Q class ticket was purchased, and the boarding pass with the matching 016 ticket number, but I can't seem to get any info out of customer service on what the next steps would be. And no, the miles for an award ticket were never taken out of my account :)

2. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    "I just want to check that we're looking at the same trip. The ticket number I see is 016...... OK, great, thanks, I guess we are.

Now, if this was an award booking, can you tell me how many miles I paid for the trip and when they were deducted from my account? I can't seem to find that transaction. I did review my credit card statement, and I see a charge for $x.xx which has the ticket number 016... associated with it. Is that called an award ticket?"

That's just if you want to be mean. Did you already try faxing in a copy of your boarding pass to the MP Service Center?

(Edit: wait, you flew COS-DEN-SMF and were later told that you actually flew COS-DEN-MYR? How did that work? Is there even a nonstop DEN-MYR?)

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's a fax? ;) No, that crossed my mind, but I couldn't find the number listed on the website. Maybe I'll try that next.

And no, I don't think there is a DEN-MYR flight... I'll try being a little more pushy towards an agent next time I call, and see what that gets me.

Thanks!

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you try to request the missing credit via the website. There is a link off your "My Mileage Plus" page. You can request for missing credit 14 days after the flight and upto 6 months after.

5. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Came back with 'flight was not taken'