Standby / confirmed flight changes to Central America

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by John777, Jan 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heading down to SJO next week in A (First) to MIA and I (Business) to SJO, and hoping to catch an earlier (but same day) flight. Having only used the PLT same day standby domestically, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with standby or confirmed flight changes to Central America?

It seems that the elite same day benefits are only applicable on flights "within the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and international points in the Caribbean." I'd imagine that showing up to the Admirals Club and asking to get on an earlier flight might work, but hoping to see if any MP'ers have first hand experience with this situation.

Thanks!

rwoman and zpaul like this.
  2. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's never worked for me; only re-routing and earlier flights in the US itself (don't know about PR, the VI, etc.). If you have checked luggage it definitely won't work (at least that's the excuse I've always been given when I have asked for an earlier flight and had checked bags).

rwoman likes this.