Stamps.com won't give Ultimate Rewards Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by harvson3, Sep 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received this:

Of course I will be stomping my feet and writing threatening letters and blustering and demanding compensation. How dare they?

Len Williams likes this.
  2. Len Williams
    Original Member

Len Williams Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got the same email. This is outrageous! It seems that this is happening a bunch lately with affiliates of these mileage malls, and I am growing weary of using them.

3. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I definitely think this sort of deal is analogous to infectious diseases disaster movie.

Day 1: New promo is developed in retailers IT/Marketing "lab". Lab hopes for mild increase in sales for Widgets R Us auto-delivery service.

Day 2: Promo mutation, phase 1. Gary, PointsGuy, Frugal, Lucky or somebody else finds it. IT guy at company says, "Hmm. We're getting a definite uptick in activity. Interesting."

Day 3: Promo mutation, phase 2. It hits FT/Milepoint. IT guy says, "Boss, the behavior of this new promo is unusual. Our signups for the Widgets R Us delivery service have spiked 300%. I'll keep an eye on it."

Day 4: Promo mutation, phase 3. Promo escapes the lab. It hits Slickdeals, FW, etc.. Infection spreads like wildfire. Signups skyrocket, points/miles/cashback liabilities redline. "Boss, we can't stop it! It's growing out of control! This was never supposed to happen!"

Day 5: Lab goes on lockdown. All communication with outside world shut off. E-mail silence as countdown to "Operation Wildfire" ticks by. IT guy says, "I say we nuke this promo from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Day 6: Operation Wildfire inititated. Promo killed, registration page goes down the memory hole. Damage containment e-mails sent out. Denial and backbiting at Widgets R Us begins. IT guy says "You want fries with that?"

Andyandy

4. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't say that stamps.com will ask Chase to revoke the points. This will probably fall onto the unnamed affiliate.

rharrigill likes this.
  5. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    My thought exactly. It doesn't say they will revoke the points. And honestly, I'm fine with them cancelling my account because I was about to anyway, my UR points have already posted. My only regret is that I wish I would've had the opportunity to print the $5 worth of free stamps for later use.

Edit: Just checked my stamps.com account and it hasn't been closed yet. Maybe it will still be up when I get home so I can print those stamps...

MrHalliday likes this.
  6. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i have seen 2500 points on UR acct but its not credited to my balanace whichi think wont happen until the statement closing oct 3.
    if those points dissappear on anyone please post. this is the sign to start emailing and calling to keep them

7. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same thought here. I did get to ship a book for free, though, so I ended up at least $2.50 in the black from this deal.

FWIW, my statement just posted yesterday and the points were there, so they'll have to pry them from my account now.

rharrigill likes this.
  8. MrHalliday
    Original Member

MrHalliday Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is serendipitous timing,
    I had just verified the 2500 pending had posted
    to my UR account, and called in to cancel.
    They were very tenacious about finding a way to keep me on,
    I politely kept saying cancel,and have the cancel email OK.

Anyway, 30 minutes later comes this bizarre e-mail. :eek:
    I could perhaps have saved 20 minutes by letting them cancel me,
    but then they might not be that well organized to really do so.

Maybe they will try to clawback the 2500, I kind of doubt it.
    If I only had the 2500, maybe I would redeem a couple Amtraks or something,
    but with 45K in the UR bank I will hold firm and watch the show.

edit:
    Oh yeah, I even used the $5 and on a priority mail letter.:p

rharrigill likes this.
  9. It appears as if Stamps points that post to the Ultimate Travel Rewards holding area are safe. My 2500 points posted to my monthly statement from the holding area at period close AFTER the stamps "oops" email went out.

MrHalliday likes this.
  10. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine haven't shown up yet, but I also haven't received that email. I'd love to be mad at them for not offering it, but I mail a ton of stuff every day, so it was actually fun printing out postage on my home printer! I'd love to keep the service going, but at $15 a month - and with a post office within 2 miles of my house - really no need to.

I hope I get the 2,500 points from it!

MrHalliday and canucklehead like this.
  11. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, I'm going to have to cancel my account on Monday to avoid fees, but I still haven't heard anything about points not posting. Well, besides the fact that no points have posted to my UR account...

I wonder if I'll get any notification of this at all...

12. jpripcord

jpripcord Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in a similar situation. I signed up (both me and my gf). Neither of us ever got the cancellation email, but we also didn't get our points to post yet.

I called up to cancel, they gave me the hard sell, but i canceled anyway.

Waiting to see if the points post after the stmt closes

Casey Friday likes this.
  13. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same boat I'm in, and I've already cancelled. not going to hold my breath for any points to post. Oh well. It seems like they caught the thing half way somehow and anyone who had recieved points by then got lucky and everyone else is out in the cold.

14. Jane Chan

Jane Chan Member

Status Points:
    I received all the 3 emails about cancellation. My 2500 pending points from Chase was added when my statement closed on September 28, 2011. I received the 2500 miles.

I also called on September 29, 2011 to cancel my account (just in case) and she said it was already cancelled on September 25, 2011

Just tried to sign in at stamps.com to remove my credit card infor just in case. I can't even sign in with my user id and password.

Can Chase take it aways after it has been deposited in my account?

canucklehead likes this.
  15. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Jane Chan! The accounts officially close a few days after you cancel them and will not longer be accessible, so hopefully, they have purged our personal info.

I think the general thought is that Chase will probably not take away your points as it is a poor CS move if they do.

I never got my points until I emailed Chase UR and they were good about crediting them to me and this was after the emails were sent out (I did not get one).

MrHalliday likes this.
  16. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good call. I just sent them a courteous email asking them about my lack of pending points. Hopefully they'll feel generous and credit them to me!

17. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I just called in to cancel, and I didn't realize how good of an offer the hard sell would be! He extended my trial by a month (after I said no seven times), and gave me something like 200 free netstamps and $50 worth of postage. When it comes down to it, I'll always say yes to something free.

And yet another scheduled event has been set up for 11/1/11 in my Google Calendar to call and "officially" cancel my account. Unless they want to keep paying me to use the service...:)

18. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be prepared for the HARD sell! When I called to cancel, it was like I was the CS agents last customer! I did not get the bennies you got, but she tried to tell me to call back in a month and she would not charge me for the extra month. Having realized how long it took to cancel, I said that it was not worth my effort and without and more delays, I wanted it cancelled!

MrHalliday and Casey Friday like this.
  19. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just received my response from Chase customer service. I simply said something along the lines of, "My 2500 points from stamps.com haven't posted, and it's been about a month. Can you investigate this?" Here's their response:

20. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds similar to my letter! Glad you got the points!

21. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still havent heard from Chase. Time for a follow up I guess.

22. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 2500 points posted when my statement closed. I have had the best service from the people at Chase Sapphire Preferred! Very refreshing.