Staff/Crew upgrade who ranks higher

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by spddemn, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. spddemn
    Original Member

spddemn Active Member

Status Points:
    Now my knowledge on how the mystery of crew upgrades low.
    But I find it humorous how on my flight. Iw I've watched two captains sit in Y and yet J is full of atleast 5 I count FA's in street clothes heading back to home base.
    At first I was a little miffed I thought SE's get priority over FA's getting a comp or op up. But seeing the pilots back here now just makes me scratch my head...

ACMM likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they are deadheading...they are given Y automatically...it depends on the employee contractual agreements so if the pilots were deadheading and the 5 FAs were commuting or nonrevving for holiday they would get J...

3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you miss out on an upgrade? Sounds like you did, or feel other elites did not get upgraded because there were employees in the front cabin.

YULtide likes this.
  4. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Status Points:
    AC pilots have a clause in their CA to DH in C. I think they may even take priority over revenue passengers at times. And so they should, imo. I don't know about why the FAs were having a convention in C though.

5. spddemn
    Original Member

spddemn Active Member

Status Points:
    I didn't but, guy sitting next to me did, so I wasn't sure how the whole thing worked with FA's getting upgraded.

6. Cage
    Original Member

Cage Silver Member

Status Points:
    FA's getting upgraded is probably because they are utilizing a C1/Y10 pass, which would put them ahead of operational upgrade but behind any ecredit or Lat pass upgrade.

In most situations Captains get J cabin whne truely DH. If they are flying to their base of operations, they are governed by their own nonrev pass privileges. The only exceptions are pilots and flight attendants who were based at YHZ and YWG when these bases were shut down. Pilots still have some form of commute clause for the affected individuals. FAs at YHZ and YWG got their contingent pass charges covered.