St Regis Shangahi (Pudong) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The St Regis in Shangahi is located on the Pudong side of the river, but not near the riverfront or famous tall buildings (half hour plus walk or several subway stops). It is in a normal residential district of Pudong with restaurants catering to locals and small shops oriented to people who live here. Several subway lines are convenient. From PVG airport, one seems to avoid most of the city and its traffic. IIRC a taxi requires about a half hour without heavy traffic and costs about 100 RMB. The MagLev station is about fifteen minutes away by taxi, so that it does not save time except in bad traffic but it is fun.

This is not a brand new hotel. The indoor pool area is disappointing and the rooms would benefit from being freshened up a bit (nothing major, just fabrics that are starting to look tired). I would describe the hotel as modern/traditonal with clear Chinese design touches. Room decor tends toward traditional Chinese furniture in tan, taupe, and subtle green colors.

In three stays of four to seven nights each, I've always been upgraded to a genuine suite. Most select standard suites do not have city lights views, although the next category up, with separate powder room and large dressing area does. There are fresh flowers in the room. Bathrooms are huge with lots of tan/brown/black

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just posted this to save it as my computer is behaving strangely. Maybe the beta switchover is in progress.