St. Regis Rome - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Jun 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This property is outstanding. I stayed a few months back and ran across some pics, thought I would post them up here for a review.

The location in Rome is great, I walked most places for easy access to transportation options typical of a city like Rome. I was here for R&R, not work- so most places I was heading were not business related. I was upgraded to a suite which was very welcome and exceeded expectations. All St. Regis properties have butler service, but the suites include Signature Service from the butlers which is the regular St. Regis butler service but with added service amenities (including packing/unpacking for you, they will arrive after your morning wake up call to draw your shades, serve coffee and the morning paper, there is complimentary in room beverage service at any point during your stay, etc etc.) It was outstanding. This is a classic type hotel with historic decor and architecture. The staff is on their game, really on top of stuff. Every need or whim was accomodated. The suite I was upgraded to was perfect- 2 separate rooms, large walk in closet, pretty tricked out bathroom with separate tub and shower, bidet and toilet etc. The living area of the two rooms is about 55 sq.meters (approx 600 sq. ft?), huge by typical european hotel room standards.

The lobby and street presence/entrance was elegant, and checkin of course was high touch. The lobby restaurant was good, but pricey. The on property dining is worth doing once for sure- but I found myself exploring other nearby euro style breakfast spots for good espresso and bakeries. Rome has such good food, I was out eating and exploring all the time. The concierge was really helpful in giving good suggestions.

This is a Cat 6 property, so the price/point redemption is not on the inexpensive side- But it is an unforgettable destination for a stay in the eternal city! Check their website, my pics don't do justice :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kalboz and Chad like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since it's a St Regis, don't all rooms get butler service? You said you were upgraded to a "suite with butler service" so I'm confused. Also, you later describe your accommodation as a junior suite, so was it a real one-bedroom suite or not? Was it just one big room with a sitting area or was there a wall and door separating the bedroom?

BTW, nice pictures. It looks elegant.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good questions, let me clarify and I will also straighten out my original post.
    - all St. Regis have butler service, however suites give access to Signature Butler Services available in suites only. I should have clarified. So yes, butler service a "given" but in this case the butler signature service.
    - it was a suite with a separate sitting room, wall separated etc. I am not sure what level suite it was, as the St. Regis Rome has several categories of suites. But definitely the full on separate sitting room suite etc.

It was a great stay. I hope to be back.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Chad
    Original Member

Chad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although I'm not a big fan of the style of furnishings (except the artwork), in retrospect, I enjoyed my stay here. I encountered a few minor service issues (which is to be expected from a ten night stay) mainly to do with housekeeping. Also one morning the concierge basically walked away from me when I asked him for a newspaper - I muttered a mild insult in Italian which seemed to get him running back.

As the issues were so minor I didn't raise them with the hotel during my stay (except once to get my sheets replaced) however I did briefly mention them after the fact in one of those generic SPG Guest Satisfaction Questionnaire that sometimes get sent out. This resulted in an email from the Resident Manager apologising for the incidents and 20,000 points - which frankly was over generous to the point of embarrassment, but certainly shows a customer focus.

As a tourist I liked the location and most places I wanted to go were within walking distance.

Kalboz and Jslo like this.
  5. I had them drilling one morning @ 9am near my room for some repair that 'had' to be completed ASAP. When I mentioned this @ check out, they night was comped.. Frankly breakfast would have been enough.. Their customer recovery is over the top ;)

Kalboz and Jslo like this.
  6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Rome. Welcome to Italy!

Tour Rome and Italy staying a minimun of 7 nights in any combination of participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Guaranteed rates from USD 360 per room per night in double occupancy including buffet breakfast, tax and service. This package is only available for sale in the United States and cannot be booked online. Please Call 1-800-325-3589 for reservations.

Participating hotels:
    • Rome: St. Regis Rome - The Westin Excelsior Rome - Hotel Eden.
    • Florence: St. Regis Florence - The Westin Excelsior
    • Venice: The Westin Europa & Regina - Hotel Danieli - Hotel Gritti Palace.
    • Milan: The Westin Palace.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    tommy777, Jslo and Toula like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    My wife wrote about our stay for 4th July weekend. They were extremely busy and understaffed, but besides that, we had a great stay. Got upgraded to one of the Imperial rooms.

Oh, and @MSPeconomist , not all rooms at St. Regis are eligible for the Butler service. Only certain categories will get it.

The St Regis Rome has one of the best offerings via the butler. Even OJ and other drinks are offered complimentary.

Anyways, you can read about our stay here:

http://magicofmiles.boardingarea.com/2014/09/11/hotel-review-st-regis-rome/

Kalboz likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. My impression is that all rooms at the St Regis Singapore do get butler service and possibly the same is true for Atlanta. I've never stayed in a StR where I didn't get butler service, but I've often had suite upgrades.

Kalboz likes this.
  10. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    The policies vary, but you can see under room description on SPG.com which room type has the butler service included. Usually, only the suites are eligible, but there are exceptions.

An example is St Regis Rome offers butler service from the Imperial rooms and up.

And to avoid any confusion: there are not two different butler service types, just one, normally only available for suites

Kalboz likes this.
  11. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points: