St. Regis Punta Mita - how to make the best of a bad situation

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by alfagirl, Oct 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Grace under pressure..
    We decided to go to the St. Regis Punta Mita to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Yesterday, Thurs. Oct. 22, Hurricane Patricia was a distant threat, it was a gorgeous day in paradise. Friday, we got a call at ~5 a.m., that we were going to be evacuated to the Westin in Guadalajara (I know, huge leap down, but...).
    We packed (of course I was on the phone to AA to change our flight home), had breakfast and had a butler take us and our luggage to the main entrance. There were buses (with wc's) lined up, they provided boxed lunches and off we went. Although the ride was long, the objective was to make sure we were out of harm's way and we arrived safely in Guadalajara ~7 hours later. The Westin was not quite prepared for us, but they persevered.
    The St. Regis team said this was a first for them. They should help write emergency procedures because as far as most of the guests were concerned, they did an amazing job.
    Carl and everyone at the resort, should be recognized and commended for a job well done/a plan perfectly executed.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    flyforawg, uggboy, sendaiben and 3 others like this.
  2. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

It is good you got off the coast. I am sure many did not.
    uggboy, eponymous_coward and alfagirl like this.