St Lucia questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by boondr, Sep 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Via the search feature I have gathered that more than a few out there in the MP world have been there. We have a trip in Oct. The A/I accommodations and the flights are set and paid for.

What I am looking is experienced based recommendations on tour operators/ sailing opportunities, daytrips etc.

In playing the miles/points game the wife and I realized that having the majority of expenses taken care of long before a trip is priceless so we have a more than enough spending money saved to enjoy ourselves but it isn't unlimited.

I've seen many reports that hiring a taxi/tour guide is probably the easiest method of getting around, any thoughts/suggestions on that?

We will have our young son, ~2, with us. I realize this isn't ideal, but it is what it is, so any family type activities would be great. (Our resort does have a nanny service with impeccable reviews, hence the reason we are staying there, so couple activities would be fine, just not all of them.)

Thanks all for the time and help in advance.

SC Flier likes this.
  2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    No thoughts?

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well there's not much to suggest because of the toddler, although I understand because my son is 2 and he goes wherever we go. :)

They have plenty of segway tours, horseback riding, kayaking and things of the sort, but that might be problematic as far as logistics go because of the baby.

Of course there are other activities like visiting the botanical gardens or diamond waterfalls that you can do as a family. I'd say that doing the whole "island tour" thing with a tour operator would be good, but you have to make sure you explain your situation to them. A lot of people go out there for the hiking tours and I seriously doubt that you wanna do the rainforest / dense foliage hike / waterfall swimming thing with a baby on board. :)

boondr likes this.