SQ298 CHC-SIN in Business Question

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Flyer1976, Oct 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I'm rather an Amateur when it comes to flying SQ considering that this will by first Award Redemption that actually was available for me to use on SQ. I'll be flying CHC-SIN in C on SQ298 (B772) so I'm curious what to expect from a Soft & Hard Product perspective and whether there's anything that I should do to enhance my flying experience on CHC-SIN (Daytime flight at 10:35 hours)

OTOH would you go with Asiana or Singapore on the SIN-ICN (redeye) route? Asiana would be the 763 whereas SQ has A333.

Thanks for answering my questions fellow KrisFlyers!

cennas likes this.
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    CHC-SIN will be on a refurbished 772, so the seats in C will be the angled flat seats. If you like bulkhead seats, the seats to choose are 11D/F, 12A/C/H/K, or 17A/C/D/F/H/K. Any of those seats will give you extra legroom. The entertainment system will be SQ's latest and there will be 2 meals (IIRC, lunch and light meal). Unless there's been another round of cost cutting lately, the light meal is actually pretty heavy. In fact, it think the only difference is the absence of the cheese course.

As for SIN-ICN, I'd also go with SQ. You'll get the same seat as the one on the CHC-SIN leg and one meal which you can choose to take immediately after take off or about 2 hours prior to landing.

I've done SIN-ICN redeye on OZ, while this was on the A333 but I believe the seats are the same. The seat was not too comfortable, it was a bit tired and lumpy. The service was excellent though, I'd say as good as SQ. With OZ, you'll be served supper immediately after take off and a beverage service before landing.

On SQ, if you get an excellent crew, do let them know. They'll be happy that their hard work is appreciated and you might be walking off the plane with a plastic bag full of goodies :).

lwkatya likes this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes they swap for a non-refurbished a/c (ie with the older spacebeds) on this route.

Assuming not swapped out, then the second business cabin is usually much emptier than the first. A few weeks ago I was the only person in this mini-cabin.

2 full meals, 2nd one has fewer options but is still okay, plus option to snack whenever.

A window seat will give great views of the Southern Alps, but IMO the views are better on descent as the aircraft is lower.

Flyer1976 and SQ LPP like this.
  4. SQuealer

SQuealer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a tiny correction regarding the entertainment system:

It's an improved S3000 Krisworld (AVOD) with new GUI and NOT the latest eX2 system :)

cennas and SQ LPP like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oops! I stand corrected. Thanks :)

lwkatya likes this.