SQ11 Suites Class Award Space

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by merice107, Mar 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got on the 75,000 MR Amex Bus Gold card back in January with the possibility of using them to fly SQ F. Although I have been collecting miles now for about half of a year, I have not yet tackled the task of searching for award space. I have looked on ANA's website, fooled around with the free trial of award nexus and tried the star alliance search on Wandering Aramean's site. Nothing showed up for first or business on ANA's site.

I know I have read that SQ's a380 flight from LA to Tokyo normally only has 1 suites class saver award. I believe I have also read that they do not even open up a second standard suites class award even if you wanted to pay for a higher second priced award. Not going to be realistic when traveling with my wife.

To get around this I figured I would try to get on an a380 suites class with my wife from Tokyo to Singapore. Little did my rookie self know that the Tokyo-Singapore flight is the same flight that goes from LA to Tokyo.

So my question is, do I have a better shot at snagging two suites class award tickets using KrisFLyer miles on the Tokyo-Singapore flight? I wouldn't mind even paying one saver and one standard (60,000 and 115,000).

2. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have heard that they do offer 2 award tickets on suites now...just not at saver level. Also, why don't you log into SQ site and check for availability? You don't have to do anything but set up an account and you can conduct searches and see what is available in suite class on various days and routes and see what plane you would be and on what routes are open.

mo26 and merice107 like this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard that buying 1 LAX-SIN and one LAX-NRT and then NRT-SIN has worked for some since they separate the nonstop flight number from the two segments thus releasing two total awards. Not sure if this helps at all.

mo26, iolaire and merice107 like this.
  4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good call. I'm a little embarrassed that that did not seem obvious to me from the start :( . I guess that is what forums like these are for.

So when I look at the schedule about 330 days out or so. Early February of 2014 nothing shows up for Saver and Standard when searching for 2 adults. Only Full is available. However, when I search for just one adult, both Saver and Standard are available.

Is it safe to assume that I would then be able to purchase one Saver and One standard? Would I have to call in to be able to book that under the same ticket (as opposed to booking mine at standard and then my wife's under her account at saver)?

5. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I understand it, they never release two saver awards at once. I suppose there is a chance they might release a second one once you book the first one, but no guarantees. If you want to be 100% sure, you would have to book 1 saver 1 standard...otherwise book one and wait and hope.

merice107 and mo26 like this.
  6. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ended up booking one saver and one standard.

gleff likes this.