SQ suites waitlist?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by de52king, May 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm planning an upcoming award from SIN to JFK and was hoping someone knew the likelihood of 2 saver award first seats opening up if they are listed as "waitlist" on the website? I called once and the phone rep indicated business was full and could not give me a definite answer so far as the first class award clearing for the flight. I was hoping someone had experience with this and could enlighten me before I transfer 200k MR to SQ. Thank you!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  2. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very unlikely. If j is full they will hold those seats until shortly before departure. I see it happen all the time we need to send someone and only first is available make the change the day before the full flight. No chance of opening these up as savers

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the key is to understand if the cabin is full or not available for awards. That's a big difference.

4. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    So if one seat is open at the saver level and subsequently booked, they will not open another at the saver level?

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Question on the waitlist. I want two saver first seats, only one is available, how do I book the second? Do I snag the saver business seat, and hope that first opens?

Assuming it opens would that be a free rebooking at the higher mileage point?

Do you still get the online booking discount if you are dealing with the wait list?

I’d be using AMEX points, to be safe I assume I should transfer enough for both First tickets so I have what I need if the waitlist space opens?

From what I’ve read the waitlist is not automatic – does that mean I can use the website to find when saver space is available or do I do period phone calls?

I’d rather fly business with my wife in first then us not both are on the flight…