SQ Schedule Change results in unattractive rebooking

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Seacarl, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Star alliance award booking on SQ in January. SQ apparently has decided to reduce service from 14 flights/week to 10 flights/week on one of my segments, and my booked and ticketed award flight is one that is cancelled.

SQ automatically rebooked me to one that is unattractive to me (4.5 hour overnight instead of 4.5 hour daytime flight), and I'd prefer to fly on the same flight as the one I am ticketed on, one day later instead. I called SQ and they refused to make the change, telling me that I needed to call United who booked the ticket.

Of course when I called United, they could not find available inventory, even after I asked them to contact SQ.

Normally when an airline makes a schedule change that involuntarily changes your flight, they give you the option of selecting an alternate flight and will over-ride inventory limits (the flight is available for sale, just not for awards bookings.)

Is SQ really this customer-unfriendly? Does anyone have any advice for me on how to get SQ to treat me more fairly as a displaced confirmed passenger? I am *G but not Krisflyer. Thank you for any help.

2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Send a note to United. Sounds like this needs to go to the Star Alliance mediator.

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    1K Voice? Customer Relations ?

4. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd send a note to both and in the mean time I'd call UA back, speak to a supervisor, explain the situation, and see what they say.

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I spent like an hour on the phone with UA, she conferred with the supervisor etc, so I'm not hopeful res can help me. Customer relations might. It's just a terrible experience the way SQ pushes it over to UA and UA doesn't have access to inventory, after SQ initiated the schedule change

6. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds like a manual sell situation.

Is this a UA ticket (016 stock)? If so, then before the flights they are responsible of taking care of you.