SQ - If you had the option...

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by BEYFlyer, May 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BEYFlyer
    Original Member

BEYFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would you fly business on SQ from IST on a B777 (old seats) or from AUH on an A330 (new business seats)? Thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had been on both seats (different sectors), and I prefer the new seats on A333. Not only because SQ A333 is a newer plane than the old 777, but here are the other reasons.
    IST to SIN nonstop is 10 hours flight overnight. AUH-SIN is about 7 hours, red eye as well. The old seats have a limited recline. It's okay for a shorter flight. IMHO, I can sleep better in the new C seat, because it's flat, but angled-flat. If I can't sleep, the IFE is clearer with larger screen on A333.

New Regional Seats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old Seats

[​IMG]

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Look at the seating maps. For me, 2-3-2 is to be avoided in business class unless you're sure that the middle seat will be empty.

BEYFlyer, savydog and Chimpy like this.
  4. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would always go for any seat that will go flat, even if at an angle versus the awful recliner type seat.

Seems to me to be a no-brainer.

savydog and Chimpy like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For getting a decent amount of sleep, the ten hour flight is better than seven hours, which would mean only a few hours of bedtime between breakfast and dinner.

If you're a back sleeper in the plane, a good recliner seat can be OK. Sometimes the angled flat beds feel strange because of the angle and you can have the problem of constantly sliding down in the seat.

savydog likes this.
  6. BEYFlyer
    Original Member

BEYFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all for your input (and the pictures). Your input is always appreciated. I might just go with the AUH flight to experience the new A330 seats.

savydog and MSPeconomist like this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please report back after the trip.

savydog likes this.
  8. BEYFlyer
    Original Member

BEYFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure thing... I'll try to remember that as the trip I am planning will not take place until the end of September (around Formula 1 time) :)

By the way, I heard that SQ will introduce the B777-200ER with the reclining business class seats out of Istanbul in the very near future (well for sure by September).