SQ Business Class Satay is Halal

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Dec 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just posting this here for archival purposes in case anyone is trying to find out, as I couldn't find an answer online. I emailed SQ to ask and received this reply:
    So there you have it from the horse's mouth, if it matters to you: the Satay in J on SQ is halal!

cennas and SQ LPP like this.
  2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although I'm unable to tell from that email whether commas are prohibited for use by SQ staff ;)

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    A bit OT, but in one of my SIN-CGK flights recently, the guy sitting next to me was complaining that he didn't get his MOML. After checking, the LSS came back to confirm that all the regular meal choices catered on the flight were halal. So I guess, in routes where there is a large percentage of muslim pax, the meal choices will be halal.

Saracen likes this.
  4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've heard similar, though I'm always curious whether the staff know, or ar just saying it.

One thing that is a little irritating is that the Book The Cook meals have no indication of ingredients or dietary suitability. Not asking them to change anything, just to indicate which are really vegetarian or just fish. I found an olde SQ menu where the details were spelled out, and all the veggie-sounding dishes had chicken stock :)

5. hirukadira

hirukadira New Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I'm a newie here. Just wanna know which of the book of the cook menu is halal outbound singapore?
    Thanks.

6. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's unfortunately hard to determine. None are explicitly so, and they don't have enough ingredient information to hand for you to be able to work it out. I do know the Lobster Thermidor is cooked with brandy :(