SQ 21 - booked solid three days in a row?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by NYBanker, May 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I was trying to book a paid ticket on SQ21 (EWR-SIN) for later this month. It is booked solid for three days in a row. Even the JFK-FRA-SIN flight is booked full in J on two of the three days.

Let me see if I can finesse F on the FRA routing from the travel approvers! :D

General_Flyer likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    From CT, I would think flying from EWR would be a pain, but perhaps the nonstop into SIN is worth it. Given that this doesn't work, IFC on SQ through FRA doesn't sound too bad, although you might want to look at other alternatives for NYC-SIN with one stop, perhaps restricted to *A. If there are nonstops on ANA or Asiana from JFK to NRT/ICN connecting to SIN, these would be obvious choices. On one world, CX nonstop into HKG connecting to SIN should be a possibility as would DL JFK-NRT connecting on DL into SIN, especially if this route uses the reconfigured 747 and/or 777 aircraft. Other ideas might include LH or LX connecting through Europe if the cost isn't prohibitive or a AA/BA combination connecting in LHR, although that seems to curently be a mess.

3. United747&777Expert

United747&777Expert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I flew SQ 21 from EWR-SIN it wasn't comfortable (longest commercial flight in the world!) albeit convenient.

From EWR, you can fly UA 89 to PEK and connect there, or you can fly to NRT and connect

4. United747&777Expert

United747&777Expert Silver Member

Status Points:
    BOS-NRT on JAL's new 787 is an option