SQ 1 saver award availibility in F

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by smh88, Feb 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. smh88

smh88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am waitlisted in saver on sq 1 and am curious if anyone has experience in timing of these seats opening up. On same flight i see that standard awards is available. Flight is this Sunday so i am on the fence about using the extra miles for standard, if i can get the saver..Looks like only 2 seats for sale in 1st..

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that its long past your flight, would you care to share what happened?

3. smh88

smh88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never cleared the waitlist so i chose to pass on SQ..I am flying saver tomorrow on the a380 in F using a saver award..I found that clearing the waitlist was not so easy and this has since happened a couple of times..

viguera and iolaire like this.
  4. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    So you have tried to book saver awards in the past with the "wait list" and were unsuccessful?

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This February I had a SQ flight SIN - IAH in F, I had one saver award and one standard award with a waitlist for the saver award. The second saver award space never opened up and the cabin was full to DME. I did ask about saver availability on check-in and they did something to my reservation that removed my book the cook option, but also resulted in me getting miles for the flight.

6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've just booked Suites Class tix for me and my wife, LAX-SIN-PVG and the outbound and PEK-SIN-LAX on the inbound. Looked like there was good Suites class avaiability in July, 2015, for those who are planning ahead. Booked through the SQ website, and looking forward to flights next year!

iolaire likes this.
  7. smh88

smh88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have flown Suites numerous times since this post..Recently last week Narita-Lax..I find it open often ..I do however find the waitlist system to not work so well..Often I am waitlisted and I can go look for open space and get it..Bottom line the waitlist doesn't always kick in..A few weeks ago I was able to get 3 from SFO to Seoul in Suites however not an A380..Availability was great and service was outstanding..Love the book the cook option and have become really liking the Lobster Thermador..

GBM and iolaire like this.
  8. smh88

smh88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another nice feature is thru the website you can see seat availability and get a sense for open seats..This can sometimes give you a better feel of chances of seats opening up..If there are many vacant seats then better chance of last minute openings..

Edmond Malonda and FlyingFree like this.
  9. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same experience.
    Only 1 data point, but I had a Saver waitlisted for a couple of days. Went back to search and saw Saver available. Never got any notification to ticket the waitlisted award.

Come to think of it - I was travelling so did the 2 separate searches in different countries, Could that influence SQ's outcome of award inventory?

iolaire likes this.
  10. jd3000

jd3000 Active Member

Status Points:
    I find you usually need to keep searching for saver space.. Wait lists often don't clear. If you have status you can try calling the call centre..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. SgFred

SgFred Member

Status Points:
    From my experience, waitlists do not get cleared often. And saver availability is not related at all.
    Just keep checking.