Spring MegaBonus 2013

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Rob, Dec 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=MS13

• Register online or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) by March 15, 2013
    • Stay at participating hotels between February 1 and April 30, 2013
    I guess they usually have three or four different offers, and you don't know which one you'll get until you go the page :)

Globalflyer, gleff and daninstl like this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like a good deal.

3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the 2nd quarter in a row, I have gotten the stay 2, get 1 offer. I got 1 free night last quarter. I might try for at least another 1 this time, so I will have 2 to use before October 2013.

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I received the stay 2, get 1 offer. Last time, I received a much worse offer for points over a number of stays. I doubt I'll move business over specifically to get the free nights, but it's a lot more likely with this promo.

5. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    It keeps saying the promo is unavailable. Does this mean I'm not being targeted for it? I was targeted last time and have made gold for this year, and earned 2 free nights with the last promo. thoughts?

6. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got again:

Earn 25,000 points after 15 nights + 15,000 points after 20 paid nights—up to 40,000 bonus points

7. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've read that people can change their promotion-for example instead of cat 1-4 you can request cat 1-5 with Marriott concierge or by calling?

Anyone?

8. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have status you can request they change your promotion, though I've never heard of changing from a cat 1-4 to a cat 1-5. Nevertheless, if both of those are being offered in a flavor of the current promotion then in theory Marriott is pretty good about changing you, provided you are gold or platinum.

Two notes: First, you have to know what promotions exist. Usually people just change from the bonus points to the stay twice get a night free offer, so it's easy. Second, apparently it is a manual process. Marriott makes a note to check your account when the promotion is over then they manually see what you've earned and credit your account accordingly with free night certificates or bonus points.

9. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes the 2x cat 5 certs promo are targeted. Last time we didn't get it and this time we both got the offer. I have heard people having trouble switching promo for the current Megabonus. For the previous Megabonus, according to Marriott Insider, you can change the promo as a elite, but not to the 2x cat 5 certs one.

10. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help. I don't have status w/ Marriott unfortunately (though w/ these promos I've been using them more). I only need one night w/ a cat 5 cert. Anyone wanna help me out by exchanging a cat 1-4 (mine) for your 1-5? I can add something else to make it equitable...thanks!