Spotify – Traveling

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by CrankyScott, Aug 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that Spotify has launched in USA,I signed up to give it a try and have had mixed results.

The downside is my plays lists did not transfer properly to my Sonos or Logitech Squeezebox. I couldn’t get support to rectify the situation but customer service was quick to provide a refund if I choose.

Now the good news, Spotify works extremely well on the road and outside of the USA. I am in Asia and streaming Spotify over my iPod Touch and Laptop. All without any problems. Works flawlessly.

On this trip I also tried Rdio and was less impressed. Rdio works great at home, but on the road does not appear to stream music, instead you need to download to your device and then play from that selection.

For in room streaming I use the wired hotel connection to a Zuni Connect travel router. The Zuni then sets up a hotspot for my phone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Now if I can only find a really good travel iPod dock with speakers life would be perfect......

Kalboz likes this.
  2. doc
    Original Member

doc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, it's free, so I think it's quite good, no? :)

3. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am using the paid Premium version - I don't believe the free version provides unlimited streaming.

For me, the streaming has been working great in both Thailand and India.

Kalboz likes this.