Sponsored dinner London October 26th

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Price123, Sep 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As part of the Hyatt London Do, American Express are sponsoring a dinner at the Churchill on Saturday 26th October:

* 19:00 champagne reception
    * 19:30 3 course dinner with wine:

Starters
    - Crushed peppercorn beef loin, parmesan, rocket and tomato caper vinaigrette
    - Mesclun rocket salad, roasted beets, sundried cranberry, warm goats cheese tart and hazelnut dressing
    - Cured scallop with artichoke fennel salad, tomato confit and hazelnut vinaigrette

Mains
    - Rack of lamb, truffled potatoes, baby carrots and thyme jus
    - Herb steamed halibut, spinach and saffron-vegetable broth
    - Spinach and ricotta ravioli, sage oil and parmesan shaving

Desserts
    - Chocolate fondant with cranberry compote, chocolate-chip mint ice-cream
    - Winter berry clafoutis, white chocolate crumble, whipped cream

* goody bags (worth at least £75)

Total package (excluding prize draw) is worth more than £150.

Spaces are available for anyone who wants to come. We are collecting money for St Martin-in-the-Fields, a charity for homeless people in London and would suggest a donation of £35-50 through Just Giving.

Also, American Express are holding focus groups on Friday 25th October 09:30-11:30. Anyone interested in taking part, please contact me.

Other parts of the event open to anyone who wants to take part include a trip to the RAF museum on Friday afternoon and dinner at the private member's club 4030 on Friday evening (allow £50 pp).

2. I am probably going to be in London during that period and may think of attending. My dilemma is that my grandson is due around that date and so might not be bale to commit until the last minute. I'm assuming Canadians are welcome.

3. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course - anyone is welcome. Shall I put you down for a space, to make sure you can get in if available? Depending on age, your grandson would also be welcome.
    Were you interested in just the dinner, or focus group or other parts as well?

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really want to go but have to be in Bangkok 12 hours earlier :(

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I'll be here or not...may be on a MR to hit EXP. :cool:

6. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please note that spaces are limited and registration is required before coming. Menu choices need to be with the Hyatt by this coming Friday. Space is allocated on first come, first serve (after registering), although we will run a waiting list after places are taken.

7. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As we are nearing a week to go, a reminder to anyone who has not filled in menu choices/registration form to do so asap.

A couple of spaces remain at dinner if anyone wants to attend.

It has been requested that the walking tour (weather dependent) and trip to St Martins be moved to a Friday. This will now take place on Friday afternoon. Regardless of whether you can/want to come on this trip, please bring any spare airline amenity kits, toothbrushes or eye masks with you and those visiting the charity can gift them. As I understand it everything is useful, so raid the aircraft on landing!