Splitting PNR for UA & CO FFN's

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by travel.flier, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travel.flier
    Original Member

travel.flier Active Member

Status Points:
    If I have multiple flights on an itinerary, some CO and some UA, is there a way to put my UA number for the UA flights and CO number for the CO flights? I believe that will help my upgrade chances since I have Platinum on CO and 1k on UA. Also, I want my lifetime BIS on UA (since they don't count CO flights) and might as well get the EQM for CO operated on CO so those also count towards lifetime.

2. Pat+
    Original Member

Pat+ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Short answer: no way.
    Longer answer: I suppose you could theoretically swap numbers after you fly the outbound flights... but that's not going to help if you fly both UA and CO inbound and/or outbound, nor is it going to help to upgrade in advance.
    More generally speaking, I'd say that the current UA/CO schedule pretty much sucks for us 1Ks (or Plats.) There's more code sharing than ever and some cross fleeting, but still no ability to upgrade code shares, or "cross-" SWUs.

3. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually I think you can pull this off.

The carrier you booked with has the authoritative record, so modify that one first, then modify the other.

So if you booked with UA, put the UA number in there. Then, go to the CO record and put the CO number in there. It should not report back up to UA since UA is the master.

Similarly, if you booked with CO, put the CO number in there, then go to the UA record, and change that to the UA number. That UA number should not get sent back to CO since CO is the master.

4. travel.flier
    Original Member

travel.flier Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm confused. So if I booked on CO, put my CO number there...then, go to ual.com and put my ual number there and it'll show just for the one UA segment of the record?

5. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would show on the UA record, which is what matters for UA flights. On the CO record, it should still show the CO number, which is what matters for CO flights.