Splitting a PNR

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Sep 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am traveling with two friends. We are on one PNR, I have the 1K status they have none. I have been able to book seats for them with me in E+. I know that I will be eligible for CPU's on the domestic segments, not the International ones. If I leave the PNR alone, I take it that if I am upgraded the PNR will be split. My only concern is will they loose the E+ seating, and if so what can I do to prevent this?

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they are already in an E+ seat, splitting the PNR should leave them where they are. With that said, if they try to change to another E+ seat once they're on their own PNR, they would be charged for the seat at that point.

Flyer1976, Wandering Aramean and sfo1 like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They won't change that's for sure, they are in E+ row 8 C-D aisle/aisle, at this point I am in bulkhead 7C.

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You won't be in the queue for the Complimentary Premier Upgrade until you've split the PNR so my suggestion would be to split it prior to the 1K CPU Window.

sfo1 likes this.
  5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I thought that it was automatic, I have read some message that indicate that UA does this automatically and that if you don't want to split the PNR you need to call and decline.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is automatically done if you select the option to when you check in for the flight but not prior to the flight. Other 1Ks, Plats, And Golds might get upgraded before you get the opportunity to do so.

My suggestion is to split the record by calling the Premier Desk a week before the trip so that you can receive your CPUs at the appropriate priority.

7. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, thanks for the information, I will make a decision on whether I want to split the PNR when it gets closer to departure. I would not have a problem with this, but there are two connecting flights on LH while in Europe and I don't want any problems with those if the PNR is split. The CPU would be from YVR to ORD and I think I could live in E+ for the few hours.