Split reservation- should I do anything about this?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by ducster, May 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Wondering if anyone has heard of a scenario like this before.

I bought tickets the other day for my family - 3 adult fares and 1 child- to fly SFO-BCN and returning from TLV-SFO. My best combination was to take UA outbound and LX returning, and I was able to book the tickets through the LH website. When the tickets' confirms came through, they had been split into 2 different reservations. The first had the 3 adult fares, and the second had the child fare by itself. I got different PNRs for the 2 on all of the airlines concerned (LH, UA, LX).

When I called LH web support to explain what happened, the agent told me (after consulting with a supervisor) that something like this occurs "once every thousand reservations" and that they had made a note to link the two reservations as traveling together. She said that the only way to put them in the same PNR was for me to cancel the original tickets and rebook, and that if it was within 24 hours (which it wasn't at that point), then I wouldn't be charged a fee (I explained that I would indeed not be charged a fee no matter what for their screwup). When I asked her if she could do the rebooking, for whatever reason, she said that she was unable to do this herself, but that she could tell me how to do this myself on the web. (Throughout my call, the agent was quite pleasant and apologetic throughout the call, and seemed to be interested genuinely in what my dilemma was).

My question is whether I should pursue this with LH to rebook us all on the same reservation, or if I should just let it drop. Thanks in advance for any insight.