Spirit Airlines miles

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by below sea level, Apr 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    As one of the "perks" of torturing my body by running a half marathon tomorrow, I've been given a gift certificate for 5000 Spirit Airlines miles.

To be honest, I had never heard of them until today. As 5000 miles is not really enough to do anything with and all of my miles are with CO or QF, is it actually worth redeeming these? Some way of moving them to another program?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, 5000 miles isn't enough to do anything with and you cannot get them out of the Spirit program into a more useful place.

If you also happen to carry their CC then there are some thing that you can redeem for at 5K points but otherwise the cheapest redemption is 10K points for a one-way trip on off-peak dates. Details can be seen in the redemption chart here: http://www.spirit.com/Content/Documents/en-US/awards_chart_2010.pdf.

3. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would have to pay me to fly Spirit not the other way around. Running a half marathon is like sitting in a Spa compared to sitting in a 28" pitch seat with no recline.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've decided not to bother. The chances of me actually flying Spirit were fairly slim anyway, considering their location. Therefore the points are worthless if they can't be transferred out.

Wandering Aramean likes this.