Spirit Air new credit card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by rudni416, May 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I understand that the $9 club is not part of the new credit card. I have a flight booked in Sept. using points from my Barclay card (their old credit card) and also using $9 club.
    I have read and read on their website and spoken to three people but no one can tell me if i do not have the 'new' card and do not join their overpriced $9 club will that jeopardize my booking? like paying for luggage or something and not using their card when the original flight was pretty much paid for with points and a credit. does anyone know? i really just don't want another credit card or to pay $59 for the club when i rarely fly.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You already have a ticket issued, I wouldn't be concerned, what suggests to you that you will have a problem?

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

As I understand your concerns, I wouldn't worry about the ticket itself at all, but you may be forced to pay for luggage if you don't have the card that currently carries the free bag privilege.

4. the new card carries a free bag privilege? i thought it was only domestic and not international. other airlines do a free bag international. like i said i can't get answers by calling because they don't know or their english is so broken i don't understand them.

5. i guess i just don't trust them - it took me five months and about 15 calls to even book a flight with my points and a credit i had. they never had seats, they didn't have two seats, they didn't have round trip, it didn't matter if i wanted to fly to AC, Orlando, Aruba or Cancun. now that i finally got a flight going with points and a flight back with the credit i just wonder if not being that $9 club member or credit card holder is going to affect it somehow.

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Shouldn't affect you at all.

You're smart never to trust Spirit, I wouldn't either, but this should not be a problem that I can tell..

viguera likes this.