Spire welcome bonus

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by londoncalling, Aug 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received my spire elite email offering me 25,000 points or gifting platinum elite to a friend.
    Is PlatinumElite the same as RA? I am still confused by their tier levels.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Platinum is ihg platinum.

RA is an Intercontinental Hotel status. All RAs are minimum platinum, but not all platinums are RA.

3. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. That's kind of what I thought it would be but one is never sure with them.

4. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just applied my 25K Spire offer to buying Ambassador status for 32K points. You get 5K points for accepting Ambassador, so net 2K points to buy Ambassador status. My Spire Qualification came unexpectedly from the "Into the Nights" promo combined with the 80K points from the IHG credit card.

I too was very confused about my status as the IHG app showed my status as Platinum Ambassador. I thought "shouldn't I be a Spire Ambassador?" After at least 6-8 emails back and forth to IHG Ambassador, the answer is I am an IHG Spire Ambassador, but the IHG app incorrectly displays Platinum Ambassador.
    The desktop version of their website correctly displays Spire Ambassador of which I have been assured is my status.

Once again, IHG technology fails.

5. dconner

dconner New Member

Status Points:
    Brucewil, my membership level is Spire. It says "Your IHG® Business Rewards membership is still pending. To activate your account, please accept the IHG Business Rewards Terms & Conditions." What is the difference between Spire Ambassador and IHG Business Rewards? Do you have to stay at certain IHG branded hotels to benefit from the Ambassador status?