SPG Transfer to Family Member

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by ordfreqflyer, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ordfreqflyer

ordfreqflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know there is a new policy about internal SPG transfers where both parties have to reside at the same address and possbily provide proof. My question is whether I can redeem starpoints for direct deposit into my mom's AA account? She is getting close to the expiry date on her AA account and I wanted to transfer a few points to reset the activity date.

2. SPG Champion
    Original Member

SPG Champion Official Representative

Status Points:
    Don't do this unless you want AAdvantage to reject the transfer and tie up the points for two weeks or longer.

Instead, get mom an SPG account if she doesn't already have one. Wait 30 days, then transfer the points to her SPG account from yours (assuming she has the same address on this account as you do), then have her transfer the points over to AAdvantage from her own SPG account.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
    Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
    Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

guest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The policy about same residential mailing address is not new. They're just no longer doing the transfers instantly, to allow for greater verification.

If you and your mom have the same address, you can move miles into her SPG account and from there to her AA account.

You will not be able to trnasfer points from your SPG account to her AA account directly, however.

4. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. BeachMiles
    Original Member

BeachMiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does she have a Facebook account? If not, you can set a very basic one up for her. Then enter
    AAdvantage Mystery Miles, she will earn

at least 100 miles for liking AA. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Horse likes this.