SPG to Alaskan Transfer

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by aussieflyer, May 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was wondering what the usual transfer time is?

Secondly, do the names have to match?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I haven't tested name matching, e.g. whether they verify first and last name, just last name, etc. But of course you can transfer points between SPG accounts that are registered at the same residential mailing address, so if you want to get points into a spouse's Alaska account for instance you transfer from your SPG account to theirs and ten on to Alaska. The transfers are no longer instant between SPG accounts as part of their antifraud measures unfortunately.

As far as time from SPG to Alaska, last time I did this was about a year ago. At the time they were posting points mid-month and end of month, so depending on when you made the transfer it could take a couple of weeks or even more. Not one of the quicker transfers out there!

3. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Concerning name matching, I have done. Rejected when last name didn't match. No problem with different first names. My last transfer was about 2 months ago and it was approx. 2 weeks for posting. Didn't track the time of the month for the request.

4. Cody
    Original Member

Cody Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have done this about a half dozen times. It was never quicker than the two week time frame I believe SPG states on their website. Do a screenprint when you process the transfer. Every time the last name differed from mine a phone call was necessary to complete the transfer.

5. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    Better yet -- has Alaska ever offered a bonus for transferring SPG points to their Mileage Plan (above and beyond the 5K bonus SPG will give you if you transfer 20K). I know in the past other airlines have done this, where they'll give you a 20% bonus (or some sort of other bump) for a special promotional period. Anyone?

6. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    AS rarely does promos like that - most are to boost a new/sluggish route, or to promote a credit card or booking engine- not spg xfer. AS is not DL :p

7. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    Well darn.