I am facing a small dilemma, and am looking for advice. The AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest card is a card I've been thinking about adding to my wallet for some time, but for some reason I never got around to applying for it before AmEx abruptly decided to go all stingy on its signup bonuses for current AmEx users. I couldn't qualify for the recent 30,000 point signup this past August because I was already an AmEx member - 25,000 points was the most they'd give me. Now I've received an email offering what appears to be a targeted offer for Starwood Preferred Guest, with a 25,000 point signup bonus. When I checked the AmEx website, the current public offer is only a measly 10,000 Starpoints. So this targeted email is offering me essentially the same bonus I would have received had I signed up in August, and a considerably better one than I'd get if I went through the AmEx public signup page. The offer expires November 22. I'm tempted; Starwood would make a great supplement to my Citibank AAdvantage VISA as a better-earning card for regular spend. BUT - last spring I decided to pursue UA miles as well as AA miles. In June I signed up for the Chase UA Mileage Plus VISA, this September I got the Sapphire Preferred, and on October 13 I applied for the Chase Freedom card and was approved after a call to the reconsideration line and some shifting of credit lines. That's a lot of hard pulls on my credit report in a fairly short period, and I had been planning to let things recover for at least six months before applying for any more cards. But I'll be passing up this Starwood Signup bonus if I do that, and may have to wait until next August before such a good signup offer comes around again. So I'm a bit conflicted: should I apply now using the targeted offer, or should I stick to my original plan and wait? Starwood's the last card I'm looking at, as I'm not a card churner (at least not yet), and I'm not looking at any other loans in the near future, for what it's worth, so I don't care if my score goes a bit further south as long as I get the card. I don't want to waste a hard pull on a decline, though. Any thoughts?