SPG Points

Discussion in 'KivaDO | 2012' started by Dreamworks, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    So has anyone's points posted? SPG posted 26 points for my stay, which confuses me, but I'll wait and see if the rest of them post. Just curious...

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have sent an email to the Hotel Group manager about this and will post once I receive an answer. Patience, please.....

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 4 others like this.
  3. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not seen anything posted yet, either, but understand that this was a special group block w/special conditions!

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ho, I got all kinds of patience. Don't stress on account of me. I get them when I get them

.....but i better get them.....

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 4 others like this.
  5. freqflyercoll

freqflyercoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I noticed that I only got 78 points for this stay, and I contacted SPG about this. They are telling me that because we booked a group rate, the stay is not eligible for points or any promotions. I replied back saying that I was part of the Milepoint Kiva team, and sent them the link for the KivaDO thread that showed what we were supposed to get with our rate (I pasted the few bullet points about that too), but still no dice. Here is what they sent me about earning points for the stay:

And here is the response they sent me regarding the current promotion:

I also asked them to see if there is anything else they can do, pointing out that it was possible to reserve a room under a regular, points paying rate, for the same price. I would've done so had I known they were not going to honor the conditions of our group rate, because getting a AAA rate would've qualified for the promotion, and Gold and Platinum members earn triple points anyway.

6. freqflyercoll

Status Points:
    I received a response back from SPG customer support apologizing and awarding me all Starpoints expected for the stay :) Thanks for getting in touch with the hotel Ho!

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  7. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's how Ho rolls.

8. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tried to login to my spg account and realized its gone inactive and I need to call in :rolleyes:

jbcarioca, YULtide, tondoleo and 2 others like this.
  9. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    So do I need Ho to work his magic too? Maybe there could be one fix for this instead of 45 different calls. Not sure where this confusion came from anyway.

10. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am assuming that once Ho speaks to the Hotel Group mgr -- that they will manually be posting the correct pts to our respective SPG accounts. :)

It sounds like freqflyercoll had a great agent from SPG CS that was able to take care of it, separately, -- based on the info. he provided.:cool:

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  11. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    As IDG has mentioned, I have spoken with the Group and Catering manager who is we were dealing with. They are not sure why the stay points did not appear while the F&B points did. They did note that it could take up to a couple of weeks to post points.

In order to expedite the posting and ONLY if you prefer, please send me your SPG # via conversation and I will add it to the spreadsheet I have for the group booking. Although they already have this info, it may be faster to organize everyone under the list I have compiled and give it to them.

Be rest assured, the 3X points is in the Agreement so we will get them!

jbcarioca, YULtide, nime01 and 3 others like this.
  12. freqflyercoll

Status Points:
    Yup, sorry, I assumed that SPG CS gave me points because Ho had gotten in touch with the property, but it appears I just got a good agent who bought my logic that we could've booked a non-group rate room at the same rate...they actually posted a 500pt amenity bonus that I didn't request.

13. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have forwarded the information for all attendees to the Group reservation manager today and she will take care of it. The information will be done manually and should appear within 2 weeks. At this point, this is all I can do and I have been assured that the points will appear. I will post more info as I receive it.

14. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, Ho!:cool:

15. FrequentMiler

FrequentMiler Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're really lucky you'll get points twice

16. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    looks like lucky if you get points once...

tondoleo, YULtide, jbcarioca and 2 others like this.
  17. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any news?

18. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    As Ho mentioned, these points are being posted manually by the hotel because they are not a part fo any regular SPG promotion. I have spoken with the Hotel Manager who says their bookkeeping department is retrieving all the records and will post the points "soon". I have just recently completed the after-event evaluation, and mentioned this point as a problem. I had a call back from the hotel in only an hour. We still do not know when they'll post, but I assure you they will. The issue now has high-level attention.

For those of you who are SPG Platinum and did not get the breakfast benefit, the hotel has now agreed that all Platinums from now on will have the continental buffet options rather than the minimal takeout juice and roll that they were giving. That took a bit of doing, but is now solved, according to them. I have not actually been back since, so I have only their word for that. They did give me 2000 extra Starpoints for the breakfast issue even though the triple points have not yet posted. Go Figure!:confused:

tondoleo, YULtide, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  19. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been informed that the points will post in the next couple of days.

20. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your help. :)

21. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I missed getting on Ho's list, so does "bookkeeping department is retrieving all the records" mean that I don't need to contact the hotel directly?

Also, I'm more concerned about getting a stay credit than the points. Does anyone know if that will happen also?

22. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Ho for following up on this! It was a great event and we all enjoyed it and learned a lot. I'm sorry you had to spend so much time getting us our points, but greatly appreciate your work.

23. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update -- The points will post Friday end of work day PST. :mad:

No reason for the delay and I share everyone's frustration in the matter! :confused:

24. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Makes us really look to Sheraton again for booking a conference room....:rolleyes:

nime01, jbcarioca, lili and 1 other person like this.
  25. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yahy! Ho rocks! Thanks for everything. You went above and beyond the duty of any diligent event organizer. (I'm still smiling about the lunch on the Virgin plane in Y. Very cool.

nime01, jbcarioca and YULtide like this.
  26. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to beat a dog or anything, but Sheraton FW fails again, no postie.