SPG Moments: Bid Starpoints for the Experience of a Lifetime‏

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MyTravels, Sep 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    SPG Moments
    Don’t miss out on these exclusive Moments! Visit SPG.com/moments now to start bidding.

Although Starwood seemed to have left out the moment that many MPers are interested in..

• 800,000 SPG points for AAdvantage Gold (minus any amount of AA miles you've already accrued)
    &​
    • 1,600,000 SPG points for AAdvantage Platinum (minus any amount of AA miles you've already accrued)

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see this on your link, but if you were to transfer SPG to AA with a 25% bonus, these amounts of SPG points would get you AA Lifetime Gold and AA Lifetime Plat. Is this what the offer is? And is the subtraction based on current MM miles at this 1:1 ratio?:eek:I see, this is a joke based on what you'd like to get with your SPG points before AA closes the window on easy MM status.:p:D

3. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. A limited time offer (must complete before Dec 1st) that SPG isn't promoting ;)

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming that it's profitable for them when one transfers points to airline miles, they should (and it would get some points off of their books), although they might feel that they lose some goodwill when you don't have fond memories of a nice award stay.

5. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing converting SPG=>miles is one of the more expensive redemption options. 20k here & 20k there, not a big deal, but they want to avoid 800k conversions (remember SPG has a daily cap for x-fering SPG->Miles)