SPG invites Plat to join the program

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by airoli, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've just received a promotional email message from SPG which is so dumb that I find it truly annoying. :mad: For the record, I've been an SPG member for 10 years and a Plat for 3. And I've already enrolled in the current 500 extra points per night promo.

So, the message starts with
    It goes on to say
    Naturally, I got curious about why SPG would send me this irrelevant piece of spam. And what does the fine print at the end of the message say?
    :mad::eek::mad:

Okay, so who's the schizophrenic here?

illico likes this.
  2. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Got the same thing. I mean honestly if i registered but had no stays then okay send this email but otherwise.... what the flux!

3. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    sounds like a stuff up

4. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received 3 more invites, having registered after receiving the 1st email. Oh well.

5. Pa Kettle
    Original Member

Pa Kettle Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would only get an email like this if your email address was tied to a reservation that did not include your SPG number...one where you may have made a reservation for someone else at some point in time, inputted your email address as the contact, and did not enter your SPG number.

6. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting insight... this was indeed the case.They should de-dupe their mailing lists.

Still, annoying that the header invites me to join SPG and the footer acknowledges that I am a member.