SPG Hotels in Dubai

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Feb 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone

I have an upcoming business trip to Dubai and was wondering where to stay. Lower end properties and close to Metro would be good.

Currently looking at the two Four Points. Any comments? Any hotels that shine or should be avoided?

uggboy likes this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    avoid the Sheraton Deira at any price :eek:

I would probably opt for the Sheraton Grand out of the lower end SPG hotels, it is near metro and main drag

out of all the Four Points, the Sheik Zayed Rd one is the best, the others are in old part of the city

uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto +1, wouldn't recommend the Sheraton Deira. What about the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates, it's connected to the Mall of the Emirates, plus the Metro. While the Sheraton Grand is their newest property right now on Sheikh Zayed Road. The Four Points on Sheikh Zayed Road is the "flagship" Four Points by Sheraton property in Dubai and it the best IMHO out of all Four Points properties in Dubai right now, it's within walking distance to a Metro stop too. Within SPG I would also take note of the Sheraton Dubai Creek in Deira which is newly renovated. Enjoy Dubai. Cheers. Please report back here on MP on what's was your choice and what your experiences were in Dubai at your choice of hotel.

jonspencer and sendaiben like this.
  4. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a big fan of Grosvenor house. If you shop around a bit it doesn't seem to be that much more than other DXB properties. Great lounge and a very nice property in a relaxing area (Marina). If you use your SNAs to upgrade to a suite in advance you can also use the complimentary 7-series transfer from/to DXB.

sendaiben and uggboy like this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Grosvenor is hardly a lower-end property at USD300+ nightly :eek:

there will be no 7-series anything at Four Points for $130 a night

uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  6. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen it numerous times around 200 on hot escapes and even without that it's reasonably easy to get for ~300 on peak days with a SET discount. Now with that said, 200-300 is of course a premium relative to the 50-150 you'd pay at 4P, but quality varies accordingly.

sendaiben and uggboy like this.