SPG Dining Points?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by vickers, Sep 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im pretty sure that you are supposed to earn SPG points when you dine at a SPG property. Im staying in Baltimore, and walked to the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel (very nice by the way) and ate supper at the Orioles Grille. The Turkey Club, Fries, and Blue Moon was awesome! I presented my card to the server, and I could tell they were a bit confused. I asked if my dining would earn me points. They said they were not aware of any such program.

I find it hard to believe that I was the first person to present my SPG card at a restaurant. I believe the server also asked a coworker.

I guess I need to scan my receipt and send in an email inquiry? Also, how well known is this earning opportunity to servers at the SPG restaurants? Thank you.

2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:

There is more to it than it just being on an SPG site. is it a SPG owned restaurant.

Email program services research@starwoodhotels.com

3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hum, I think so..... Its inside the hotel, 2nd floor, and you have to go throuhg the hotel to get to it. But then again, I thought if it was in a property, it was owned by them... Is there a way to tell ownership? It is on the hotel webpage too:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=197

4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:

Just because its in or has an entrance to the hotel, that doesn't mean its owned/managed by starwood. Thats why you need to email program services.

vickers likes this.
  5. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this with drinks last week: ended up going to the hotel front desk and getting them to register the spend. Took about five minutes.

vickers likes this.
  6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also send the receipt and your SPG number to SPG and they can credit it in arrears. Perhaps call ahead to make sure you get the right place.

vickers likes this.
  7. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Went through the standard "email us" option from SPG.com. Here we have it:

Dear Mr. Vickers,

"Thank you for contacting Starwood Preferred Guest regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel. I would be happy to assist you today.

I am pleased to inform you the at the Orioles Grill does participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Some of the restaurants associated with the hotel do not. I would be happy to award the applicable Starpoints from the total of your meal. If you would please supply a copy of your receipt to ensure I award the correct amount.

..................................."

Very fast response also. I submitted less than 24 hours ago. Ill email in the receipt tomorrow and report back once credited.

KENNECTED likes this.
  8. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just as I described above. Now go forth and eat at more SPG restaurants.

vickers likes this.
  9. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received the reply and the points today. I will say I am very pleased with the response time and the professionalism of SPG social media employees.

"Thank you for submitting your receipt from the Orioles Grille at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel.

I have posted the Starpoints to your Starwood Preferred Guest account. Please note that you earn Starpoints on the amount before taxes and tip."