SPG Business and Personal American Express - Referral Thread

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by schnitzel, Mar 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I may be so bold, I'd like to initiate a referral thread for the two Starwood American Express cards. I couldn't find one on MP.

Currently, the way this works is that I, or some other lucky MP member, will get 5K SPG points for every completed referral. The new cardholder, for their part, gets a 10K bonus for getting the card, and a 15K bonus for spending $5K on it within 6 months. These numbers are the same for business and personal. The referrer must have the same flavor of card (business or personal) to be able to make the referral.

You can make a referral from this page often:

http://www.americanexpress.com/refer
    (you'll see a link once you land there - sometimes you need to first login to Amex, then go to this link in a separate window)

Other times, you have to login to your SPG account and find the referral links there, which bring you over to the Amex site.

Anyway, if anyone needs a referral, I'm ready, and thanks in advance!

And, other MPers with these cards, post away that you can do the referrals. Hopefully, we can keep these valuable points within the community.

RPG, tondoleo, Jimgotkp and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to be part of the SPG AMEX referral as well so if anyone needs the card, please feel free to contact me as well! :)

tondoleo likes this.
  3. nolamom

nolamom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be happy to make a referral, too!

Here is what my AMEX SPG referral link says:

1. Fill out the form with the name and email addresses of the friends you want to refer. (This links it to the referrer's account)
    2. Each friend will receive an email with a special offer for the card. (You are my new friend!)
    3. Your friends must apply for the Card through the link in that e-mail and be approved in order for you to earn your referral bonus. (I hope you get approved!)

Please "conversation" me @ nolamom [I guess that is how we do it?] with your full name and email address and I get the SPG link sent to you. That's how I got my card and it is nice to pass it forward!

tondoleo likes this.
  4. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just did a referral (not from this thread, but for my sister) and I got this wonderfully spell-checked screen:

Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 1.10.44 PM.png

Don't think I've seen a nice big typo like that before on the Amex site.

wrxmom, harvson3 and tondoleo like this.
  5. nolamom

nolamom Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is hilarious. As a grant writer, I love seeing big bloopers like that. :}

tondoleo likes this.
  6. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahem. No jumping the queue!

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/starwood-spg-amex.2030/

7. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My bad! Can we get the threads combined?

I did a few searches, but I guess that one was too old to pop up.

perryplatypus, harvson3 and tondoleo like this.
  8. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad all these goodies dont happen over here in the EU :confused:

9. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am continually surprised that US residents get such better offers than non-US residents in these areas.

But, our banks are basically out of control, throwing taxpayers' money at potential customers. So be it. Lets at least reap some of the rewards.

perryplatypus, harvson3 and cliq like this.
  10. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL at our banks are basically out of control :) I also think that there isnt that competition over here like it is in the US or that our banks/airlines/hotels here are just too greedy getting all the dough and not giving anything back. :confused:

perryplatypus, harvson3 and schnitzel like this.
  11. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got an email from SPG - says:
    Just an FYI - I doubt that's really true.

12. RPG

RPG Active Member

Status Points:
    I would be happy to refer anyone for SPG Personal (30K points). Please send me a PM with your full name and email address. Thanks OP for this thread.

13. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea of spreading around the referral bonuses. Most of the bloggers are promoting them like crazy for a cash bonus. I would be glad to collect 5000 points for one.

14. kadence

kadence Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why isn't this posted in the AMEX forum? I just posted there asking for a referral.

15. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    American Express | Membership Rewards(points) is the name of the other forum. These are SPG points. No harm in posting both places. Has anyone gotten a referral? How long did it take to actually get the 5000 points?

16. traveldealexpert

traveldealexpert Member

Status Points:
    I think the SPG American Express is a must have and would be happy to refer anyone...

I'm sure most of you know the benefits of the card...however if there are any newbies, here's my opinion:

The SPG Amex is my go-to card when making everyday purchases. SPG points are extremely valuable at 2.2 cents a piece. C&P rewards are phenomenal value and I have sometimes stretched my points to be worth 8 cents each! Also, you can transfer SPG points to numerous airline programs.

The elite status credits make it easier to obtain status with SPG which means upgrades and amenities. Currently this is the best offer available.

An overview of the benefits:
    • 10,000 Bonus Points after First Purchase
    • 15,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5000 in 6 months.
    • 5 Points per Dollar at hotels and resorts participating in the SPG program
    • 1 Point per Dollar spend everywhere else
    • 5 Nights and 2 Stays Elite Status Credit
    • Annual Fee Waived ($65)

If you found my information helpful, please PM and I can provide you with a referral for the SPG Amex. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

traveldealexpert