SPG Bonus Beginnings - $50 Amazon Gift Card or 2,000 Starpoints for New Members

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by KathInJax, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received an e-mail today offering me a choice between a $50 Amazon gift card or 2,000 bonus Starpoints on my first stay. You have to register by November 15, 2011 and stay between October 1, 2011 and November 30, 2011. The sign up link is www.spg.com/bonusbeginnings. I tried a couple of family members who are also new to the program and they were not targeted.

I chose the Starpoints, of course! I believe that this would stack with the Southwest and Membership Rewards promos as well as SPG Triple Up, which definitely entices me to do a mattress run to a Four Points or Aloft on a Thursday or Sunday before November 15!

2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting...I am a SPG Plat and it states I am not qualified to enter....:( Do you have status with SPG?

3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lame. I just opened my account in August and didn't qualify....

4. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, I don't have status. I registered in May, but haven't stayed since registering. The other family members that I tried were not eligible either. Not really sure why I was targeted and they weren't.

5. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Targeted?

6. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am assuming that it is highly targeted. It does say New Member Bonus. The e-mail also says "to inspire your first stay with us". I'm sorry, I tried to get all of the information in my first post, but missed adding in the first stay part.

7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to be highly targeted. I never had a stay at a SPG property yet with my SPG account...

KathInJax likes this.
  8. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this email yesterday too. Thanks for posting, you reminded me to sign up!

flyingdawg and KathInJax like this.
  9. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    *bump*

I got a "Bonus Beginnings" offer in the e-mail the other day. 3,000 points OR Free Weekend Night Award at Category 1-5 Hotels.

I'm a bit torn about which to take. I'm not sure when the Free Night award would expire and I'm tight on travel time for the next 6 months.

Any suggestions?

10. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say the Free Weekend Night award... if not able to be used hopefully it can be transferrable...