SPG Better Tomorrows - Stay One Night, Next is 40% Off

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MLW20, Dec 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    To bed only Americas are participating :(

3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hate to rain on your parade, but these discounts are usually based on full rack rate. So you are really only getting 20% off full rack....

Sometimes they work OK, but you are usually better off getting a AAA rate. The actual dollars are usually close if not less and there is no pre-pay requirement.

flyer_o, miles and smiles and TAHKUCT like this.
  4. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't shoot the messenger... I am only sharing the offer that I saw out there, I never said it was a bargain. :)
    I usually look for the best price, use priceline, stay in hostels and so on. Fancy hotels are not my thing.

5. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Better Tomorrows isn't a new promo, but one that seems to be running in the background semi-regularly and they merely make a bit of noise about it every now and then. They might have refreshed the promo page if nothing else to freshen it up :)

SC Flier likes this.
  6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the T&Cs:
    "40% discount varies by hotel and discount is applied to every second night and is based on the best available, non-restricted rate. See individual hotel listings for arrival restrictions and availability."

7. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get it, but in my experience, these offers (35% off resorts etc., etc.) are usually not much better than AAA......I just tried booking the St. Regis in San Francisco. Better Tomorrows rate = $287 AAA rate = $287.

8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree that this rate is often not better than AAA, but it should always be a lower price than BAR and RACK. For most people, the worst part about this rate compared to others may be that it's prepaid, non-refundable.

This rate is sometimes the lowest price, though. Unfortunately, the only way to know the lowest price is to check every option. At the Aloft Charleston Airport this week, this rate is $20 less than the AAA rate.

For 2-night stays at the SR San Francisco that include NYE, this rate is $87 cheaper than the AAA rate.

avflyer likes this.