SPG Amex Stay Credit

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by mattsteg, Jul 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm curious about this benefit and wanted to verify it is still in existence, and what the terms of the stay credit are. All of the info I see on almost all of the various Amex websites/landing pages/etc. only lists the 5 night credit, which for my typical stay pattern does not really mean much. The 2-stay credit shows up on some application pages, but wanted to verify particulars.

To the best of my understanding:
    2 stays, 5 nights credits, posted to your account upon getting the card, and early each subsequent year.
    If you have a personal SPG amex and also a business SPG amex, the benefit can stack to 4/10, but no stacking beyond that.

Those in the know, is this correct? Documentation of peripheral credit card benefits can be pretty terrible.

2. yep, thats correct.

3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can confirm that I received the 2/5 this year and a friend got the stacking to 4/10.

Not sure whether it is given for first year AMEX holders since I've had the card for years.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update. I'm seeing it listed out in the new round of 30k offers as well. I think why it wasn't showing up in a lot of the pages on amex is that the benefit was enhanced from 5 nights to 5 nights/2 stays after initial rollout, and a lot of the online promo stuff was not updated. The new/current promos appear to be reflecting the benefit accurately.