Spent 200k on award flt one leg is Economy

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jimmycopp, Sep 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jimmycopp

jimmycopp Active Member

Status Points:
    I would like to know if I can get that one leg upgraded to Bus at some point in the future or will I have to cancel and rebook...also is there a 24hour no penalty cancel policy? Thank you

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where to where and when? Do they offer business class on that leg? How full is it?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on when and where you are going, there are likely much cheaper mile-cost options available as well.

Really important to know the itinerary, and whether you're paying for business or economy for that leg currently.

There's no 24-hour risk-free cancel for awards (but you can hold them for several days without ticketing, so if you are in doubt and do not have free changes/cancellations then you should hold, rather than ticket, in the future).

4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Without status of GM or higher, there is zero chance of it being upgraded for free. If a domestic F route (including Canada and a few other places) and you are GM or higher, you may get a regular old elite upgrade. If PM or DM, keep checking for them to release low award inventory in F/J for that segment on your travel date and call in to make the free change.