Spending 11 nights in Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Central/South America' started by Sky King, Mar 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to get some ideas from people who have traveled to Costa Rica. We are flying down on the 28th of April and spending 3 nights at the Intercontinental San Jose Real. This probably seems like a lot of time in San Jose but the nights are free from Priority Club Pointbreaks and we are getting in late on the 28th. The next day planned on seeing San Jose and the following day taking a day trip to the Caribbean coast to see the sloth sanctuary by Cahuita. The next 8 nights are up in the air. Possibilities include Manuel Antonio, Arenal volcano area, Monteverde cloud forest, and Guanacanaste area. We are flying out of Liberia in the north and will have a car rental the whole time. Also will have our 10 month old with us. Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks everyone.

2. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, you miss us by one day. We are there on a cruise on the 28th and I booked a private bird watching tour with a local guide for Carara National Park and a visit to a macaw sanctuary afterwards.

3. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    The drive to Cahuita can be a long one. I'd consider staying the night there. And then maybe finding another destination for your day trip from San Jose. Waterfall Gardens is a nice visit.

4. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sky King ...... Sorry I did not find this thread soon enough to help you more... :(

I have been to all of the places you mention in your OP. All are fabulous and do warrant visiting.

I hope you report back on your visit after you get home from your Costa Rica adventure. :D