Speculation: United to status match US flyers?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Mike Reed, Feb 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    If United/Star want to keep their flyers, especially those who prefer StarAlliance miles and carriers, it would make sense for them to status match US flyers and give them a vehicle to move miles between programs to incent their move to UA vs AA going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

LETTERBOY and NYCUA1K like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd love it if UA wanted to provide me with a vehicle to move over my US miles. That would be... awesome!

Don't think that's going to happen, though.

mht_flyer, LETTERBOY and MX like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    To date status match offers by UA have targeted mainly DL 'loyalists'. Moreover, status match offers within the alliance are verboten. But with US out, I think that it would make business sense for UA to try to attract some Dividend Mile folks precisely because of what you stated: They may prefer to remain with *A, as I would have because it is more compatible with my travel pattern. Offering to move Dividend Mile miles to MP miles would greatly sweeten the offer...

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously not!:D

BTW, there is actually a precedent to what *A members do when one of theirs ceases to be, and it is not unlike what the OP proposed but without a path do transfer miles: