Spectacular arrival performance by AA at GIG

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jbcarioca, Jun 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I posted the following on the GIG thread but must of the credit really goes to AA, so I duplicate it here.

Yesterday AM I arrived at GIG on AA973, a half hour early at 08:00. I had my usual checked bags with my usual case of wine. Following immigration I strolled to the luggage belt to wait for my bags. To my total astonishment they were already waiting for me. There was nobody in the Customs queue and the officer asked me where I was coming from as I passed by. I took the elevator to departures to take a Yellow cab (going to departures is always much faster than going to arrivals). At 08:09 I was in the taxi leaving the airport grounds!:D

wfagundes, tondoleo, rwoman and 10 others like this.
  2. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although airlines tend to pad their arrival schedule making early arrivals routine, and AA is good about bags-to-the-belt performance, your experience is still exceptional and very impressive indeed!

wfagundes, tondoleo and jbcarioca like this.
  3. wfagundes

wfagundes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let me just say that I experienced similar performance in March when I chose GIG over GRU from DFW. I took 9 RTs to GRU in the past 3 years and on every trip it seemed to get worse. The infrastructure at GRU is that of a flea market compared to GIG were people were courteous, airport was clean and luggage was on the belt when I got to it.

tondoleo and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually do the opposite, I go via GRU because of its 777, but the last time there were no space available to park the aircraft and we were forced to divert to VCP, and then the bags delayed. I love the 777, but my next time via GRU will be only with the 77W!!!

wfagundes, tondoleo and jbcarioca like this.
  5. josinei

josinei Active Member

Status Points:
    Come on guys... do you all want to compare GRU to GIG??? One of the busiest airport in the world to the one of the most beautiful but not so busy city in the world??? dont push it lol

wfagundes and jbcarioca like this.
  6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps the World didn't discover the great businesses in Rio de Janeiro. But that could change in a bit, afterall we'll be the host for the next olympic games after London!! :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. aadmiral

aadmiral Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, The most beautiful airport in Rio and if not the world is SDU, except AA doesn't fly there :). It might become a Oneworld Airport if Tam ever switches from Star Alliance to OW.

8. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:

That's the truth... I'd love to depart on SDU via GRU to USA and the same on return!!!

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do like SDU also, but I'd rather depart to the USA in a B787 or A380 from GIG, since neither of these will manage to get in or out of SDU.

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.
  10. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Me too dear friend! But when are we going to have those equipments here, I'm not even sure if the runway at GIG can support an A380. But I'm anxious waiting for the B787!!! :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was hoping for Chicago for obvious reasons, but glad the games are going to South America for the first time. Just Africa left!

jbcarioca and wfagundes like this.
  12. wfagundes

wfagundes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of the 77W, I went to purchase a ticket out right for Dec. 13 (which was available last week) and AA blocked the whole flight! There's no seats available... it's even pulled from their website. :/

jbcarioca and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.
  13. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I just noticed that. Perhaps they will do some kind of simulation of its service with some selected people. Don't know really, just spec... Mine is on the 22nd inbound to GRU! Seat 9A for now, waiting for EXP 12 SWU to go to F!!!

jbcarioca likes this.