Special Dividends Announced

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by MikeLaw, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    Details are now posted on the US Airways website

35,000 miles/45 segments

Nominate a Trial Silver Preferred member

Give a friend Preferred benefits for 90 days, including priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more.

US Airways Club day pass

Relax or be productive at the US Airways Club before, after or between your next flight.

'World of Wine' wine club discount

Escape the ordinary with unique wines from around the globe. Each wine comes with tasting notes for your enjoyment. Use your exclusive discount and get these fine wines delivered to your home or office.

DM Dining VIP status

Get recommendations for restaurants, bars and clubs in your neighborhood or across the country. And with VIP status, you'll also get exclusive offers and more miles for every meal!

60,000 miles/75 segments

Add your spouse or domestic partner to your US Airways Club membership

Give the gift of more comfortable travel with a US Airways Club membership.

'Elevant Society' wine club discount

If you like your wines big and bold, with personality and distinction, this is the wine club for you. Use your exclusive discount and get these fine wines delivered to your home or office.

FTD gift certificate

Enjoy a $20 reward from FTD. From gorgeous bouquets and gourmet treats to stunning jewelry and more, FTD has thoughtful, delicious and memorable gifts for every person and occasion.

85,000 miles/105 segments

Nominate a Silver Preferred member

Life is better when you're Preferred. Nominate one person to Silver Preferred and he or she will enjoy more of the good stuff like unlimited upgrades, checked bag fees waived, bonus miles and more.

First Class upgrades on award travel

Get more from your miles! With First Class upgrades on award travel, you'll enjoy spacious seats, delicious meals and snacks, and complimentary beer, wine and spirits even more often.

125,000 miles/150 segments

A free US Airways Club membership

Whether you’re looking to be productive or relax US Airways Clubs make doing both more enjoyable. Come in and take advantage of the club before, after or between your flights.

Nominate a Gold Preferred member

Nominate one person to Gold Preferred and he or she will enjoy more of the good stuff like unlimited upgrades, checked bag fees waived, bonus miles and more.

150,000 miles/180 segments

Nominate an additional Gold Preferred member

175,000 miles/210 segments

200,000 miles/240 segments

nomflyer likes this.
  2. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    85k now gets two of the perks that used to be the province of CPs. 125k now gets you free club membership plus the ability to nominate someone straight to Gold. Looks like something good for everyone.

3. vortoozo
    Original Member

vortoozo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow - nice job. Would have liked to see a way to earn more CP certs, though.

4. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great to see this.

I read through the terms and conditions on the website, but didn't see anything addressing certain details I'd be curious to know--for example, if you nominate someone to Silver or Gold, how long is their status valid for? Is it just for the remainder of this program year (so until February 29th (I think next year is a leap year!) 2012)? Or would it be through Feb/2013 Like preferred status would be if earned this year? Or does it depend on when you gift the status?

5. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the answer either. If you nominate someone to Silver as a CP, it is just good until February of the next year, so I'm guessing it will be the same, but I don't know.

6. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you here. I would just like to be able to use one of my certs for a round trip instead of just as a one way. More bang for the buck as it were.

7. jemmazee
    Original Member

jemmazee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like this new benefit, but I have similar questions about timing - my club renewal comes up this month. I'll probably hit 60K around July. I wonder how long Mr. Zee can be on my membership ... until the end of 2011? Until the next time I renew? 12 months after I add him, as long as I renew in March. If the second option, it seems like it would be better to have a renewal date towards the end of the year rather than the beginning.

I'm confused.

8. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't really answer your question but..... I just re-upped mine and +1's membership so thinking if I make it to this perk, it will count for the year following the one I am in - because I don't think I will earn enough miles to qualify for a free membership for myself. So would have to hope it would count for next year.

9. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Calling Art234, calling Art234...I eagerly await your take on how this is a further devaluation or erosion in service by US Airways ;)

kellio likes this.