Special bonus for elite members - MPD281

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by canucklehead, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Targeted but I found this under My Promotions on the UA website.

of course, I book a couple of tickets on March 31st!

https://www.mileageplus.com/mp/promotionRegistration.do?pcode=MPD281
    Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011
    Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011
    Offer: Earn 1,000 bonus award miles for every qualifying roundtrip you purchase and fly on United®, United Express® or Continental® from your home airport between April 1 and June 15, 2011, plus earn an additional 2,000 bonus miles when you fly first or business class.

1. Offer valid only for original recipients of a direct mail or email invitation to the offer.
    2. Mileage Plus® account number must be provided in reservation prior to travel and flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account by July 15, 2011 to be eligible for this offer.
    3. To qualify for this offer, Mileage Plus members must register, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrip flights. For this offer, roundtrip travel is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United®, United Express® or Continental®.
    4. To be eligible for the offer, registration is required at united.com
    5. Registered members will earn bonus award miles on paid qualifying roundtrips flown during the offer travel period.
    6. Not valid on government fares.
    7. Travel period: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011.
    8. Ticketing period: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011.
    9. E-Ticket® purchase required. Must use Mileage Plus number when booking.
    10. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
    11. The bonus ward miles will be credited six to eight weeks after qualifying activity.
    12. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers.
    13. Passenger must be a member of the Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
    14. All travel segments must be flown on United, United Express or Continental. This offer is not valid on itineraries that include any segments operated by Star Alliance®, Mileage Plus partner airlines, or any other airline, except for Continental.
    15. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
    16. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com. (MPD281)

chrislacey likes this.
  2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fully targeted.

3. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks OP! Registered today through my promotions. Mine was a slighly different offer, I was offered 5,000 miles for First or Business Class (1K here MPD351).

sdcarver

4. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    Why does it say "Miles Plus" where you fill out your account number, instead of "Mileage Plus"? Is this an elaborate FF# phishing scheme?

UPDATE: I know it's not phishing, because it was under the My Promotions tab in my MP account. But it still said "Miles Plus." Sloppy.

5. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:

6. JonPal
    Original Member

JonPal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another Offer from United. Probably targeted as well.

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53723,00.html

Fly 1 Rountrip: 2,500 Bonus Award Miles
    Fly 2 Roundtrips: 10,000 Bonus Award Miles
    Fly 3 Roundtrips: 20,000 Bonus Award

Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011
    Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011
    Offer: Register and fly qualifying roundtrips on United®, Continental ®, United Express® or Continental Express® by November 30, 2010, to receive up to 20,000 bonus award miles.

Terms and Conditions:
    1.​

To qualify for this offer, members must register and purchase and complete a paid qualifying roundtrip to any destination worldwide on United®, United Express, Continental or Continental Express operated flights within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For this offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express, Continental or Continental Express; a segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
    2.​

Offer valid on qualifying paid, published fares. Not valid on government fares.
    3.​

Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011.
    4.​

Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 30, 2011, all travel complete.
    5.​

For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change without notice.
    6.​

Offer valid for recipients of this mailing only.
    7.​

E-Ticket ® purchase required.
    8.​

Not combinable with other non combinable offers.
    9.​

The bonus can be earned for a maximum of 20,000 bonus award miles.
    10.​

Passenger must be a member of United's Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer.
    11.​

Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
    12.​

Registration is required anytime prior to travel, or within 30 days after travel, but must be completed by June 30, 2011 in order to qualify for the promotion.
    13.​

Valid on United®, United Express®, Continental®, and Continental Express® and not on United or Continental marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. Bonus applies to base flight miles only and does not count towards elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite status miles or cabin bonuses.
    14.​

Bonus award miles will post 4 - 6 weeks after the offer end date of June 30, 2011.Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
    MPD121​

7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a much better one! Wish I got that one instead!

8. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Targeted-would not let me register.

9. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    didn't work for me either

10. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup and perhaps United finally "got it right" ;) where it won't let you register for a targeted promotion as opposed to in the past where you could register for anything whether you were targeted or not :rolleyes:. Oh, and no joy for anything for me in my promotions

11. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I got a version of the OP's. It was in My Promotions within the My Mileage Plus section:

Ticketing dates: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011
    Travel dates: April 1, 2011 through June 15, 2011
    Offer: Earn 1,000 bonus award miles for every qualifying roundtrip you purchase and fly on United®, United Express® or Continental® from your home airport between April 1 and June 15, 2011, plus earn an additional 5,000 bonus miles when you fly first or business class.

12. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's too bad to hear! I usually do not go to My Promotions, and UA has been pretty light this year. Sorry if anyone was misled by my original post - I was not sure it was targeted or not (and I noted that), but it is worth a check of My Promotions just in case.

13. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't even recall the last time I had anything in "My Promotions." Maybe DEQM and some random destination-specific promos in 2009.

14. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here...haven't had anything show up there since 2009.

15. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    No-I wasn't picking on you at all and no you were not mislead at all either :). I was commenting as to how "messed up" ;) United is when it comes to their website and it's all around I/T functions (hence my reference to being able to register for any promo in the past even if you were not targeted as opposed to now having the registration only work for those who are targeted.

16. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is what I got as well when I tried registering through the URL.

But today I went to check out "My promotions" and I saw I was already registered for the 1000 mile version :confused:

Seems like the quality of UA's website has deteriorated even more so than usual.

17. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess you fly too much and they are trying to tell you to take it easy for the next few months ;)

FWIW, I just now got the email from United about this promo. Seems kinda of a$$ backwards. You'd think they would have more powerful systems that could do an email blast so that everyone gets the news more or less on the same day.

18. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same for me.

19. as usual its not me thats targeted

20. ozstamps
    Original Member

ozstamps Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow decent promos are thin on the ground in the past year!

canucklehead likes this.
  21. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just noticed that the bonus miles appearing. I had been targeted for the 1000 mile flavor of the promo and it threw me off when I saw that the miles were posting in 500 chunks. But they had broken up the bonus to pair up with your outbound segment and your return and dated within a day or two of the actual travel.

22. ozstamps
    Original Member

ozstamps Silver Member

Status Points:
    No love for me, despite flying 55,000 paid real miles on UA in the past fortnight all in 'B' class.

23. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glen, I mean you no disrespect or ill will, but having read your posts here now, and over on FT, I have to ask:
    with all the trouble you have with a lack of love from UA and issues with upgrades clearing, why do you bother still buying B fares on UA? I'm curious what the compensating features of the program/airline are that keep you coming back time after time.